We had a great follow-up conversation about this project to discuss several things:
1) What worked well in your group?
2) What didn't work with your group?
3) What would you do differently if we did this project again?
4) What did you notice about the winning group's design?
5) What were the benefits of stopping during the process to re-evaluate the work you were doing?
We will do various STEM projects throughout the year and will look forward to seeing how the students thinking evolves throughout the year.
Enjoy these photos!
This "bridge" held the weight of 14 books being dropped on it!