The students have had so much fun working on their performances. In addition to being a whole lot of fun, Reader's Theater reinforces many important reading skills.
- develops fluency through repeated exposure to text.
- increases comprehension.
- integrates reading, speaking, listening in an authentic context.
- engages students.
- increases reading motivation.
- creates confidence and improve the self-image of students.
- provides a real purpose for reading.
- provides opportunities for cooperative learning.